Thursday, June 23, 2011

Screw you, mommy

Seriously.  No matter how much time I spend trying to put Baby Girl to bed at night, I feel like she gives me a big ol' Fuck You every single night.  She cries and yells every night.  She's not winding down well, no matter how long we spend trying to have quiet time.  I sing and sing.  We sit in silence.  We read books.  She drinks milk.  We snuggle.  It doesn't matter what I do, she cries.  And it's gotten to the point where I wonder why I bother trying and don't just throw her in her crib, blow her a kiss, and walk out the door.

Argh.

And the worst part?  She's worse for her daddy than she is for me. 

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Honestly....I think your last statement is what you should try. She has probably figured out if she cries you stay longer. It's a clingyness thing. Since the "wind down" time is variable she figures everything is up for negotiation.

Try singing 1 song, read 1 book, 5 mins of cuddle time and then it's lights out. Same thing every night. ((HUGS)) I still struggle some nights to get my 4yr old to go to sleep without a production

Cassie said...

I'm so sorry. I hope you're not taking her behavior as a personal affront. I think it has very little to do with you or C.

And I know you were half-joking about just putting her in her crib, blowing a kiss and closing the door, but...Have you ever tried it? I wonder if it would work. I had to go all Super Nanny on Andrew a few weeks ago because he wasn't winding down at bedtime, and the strategy I used actually worked. I'd be happy to e-mail you about it if you're interested -- I never got around to blogging about it (like I don't get around to blogging about lots of things these days).

I know so very well how it feels to just want some time to yourself in the evenings and instead having to deal with a little one who won't sleep. Ugh. I'm sorry.

brandis of HEARTdot™ said...

:( im sorry :(