Monday, June 13, 2011

Weekends are going to kill me

I find myself really struggling with my weight loss over the weekends.  I do really well during the week but we've been incredibly busy during the weekends and have either been away from home or too exhausted to cook.

Take this past weekend, for instance.  On Saturday my parents came up and we went out to lunch. But then we got to the evening and didn't have dinner plans (we thought we would be doing something for dinner Saturday that then got switched to Sunday), so we ran out.  Sunday The Hubby's parents were at our house and they brought bologna salad and chips for lunch.  There were donuts for breakfast.  There were cookies around.  We had pizza for dinner because everyone was exhausted from working.

I made the best choices I could in bad situations--I had half a cookie.  I only had a few chips.  Used my light bread for my bologna salad sandwich.  Got a salad and a light lunch on Saturday.  Worked out on Saturday.

I just have a feeling, though, that it isn't going to do any good.  I do my best during the weekend but still feel like I need to put forth more effort.  This coming weekend we'll be back at the in-laws' house for the whole weekend again and I'll have little control.  Again.

I'm doing the best I can, but how can everyone else splurge on the weekends and hover at slightly pudgy or overweight while I'm in the obese category and analyzing every damn bite?  I guess I end up feeling sorry for myself sometimes.  Why do *I* have to work so damned hard at this?

4 comments:

Cassie said...

Ugh, I don't know why, and I really hate that it's so hard for you. I hate it.

I do wish you wouldn't be so hard on yourself, though. You're doing the best you can, and I think that's really all you can do. I think you should go back and read the last paragraph of your "Couch to 5K Update" post.

To paraphrase what you wrote: you're doing things that are good for you, and you should be PROUD -- not agonizing over a few less-than-perfect eating decisions on one weekend. Be proud! I'm proud OF you. :)

And I'm sorry, but tell me, who in the WORLD can resist bologna salad?! I love that stuff and I don't blame you for indulging. :)

Manday said...

Dare I ask was bologna salad is?? No. please don't tell me.

I agree you are too hard on yourself. Slipping up a bit on weekends is natural. Just an FYI - fast food does not really have to be a a budget buster - as long as you know what you are getting and do portion control.

Allison said...

I'm okay with slipping some on the weekends. Some weekends. The problem is that my body just isn't very forgiving with that slip every single weekend. My body isn't very forgiving for any slippage at all. And then knowing that I'll be out of control of my eating for most weekends for the rest of the summer (seriously...you should see our calendar) and that's really why I'm stressed out.

I have always done fast food quite successfully with losing weight--it's the problem of eating out more than once a day. But the salads at Wendy's are filling and yummy and not horrible, especially since I don't coat it in dressing. Heck, I even successfully fit in Chipotle every once in awhile, so I know how to do it...again, once a day :)

Manday, bologna salad is basically chicken salad with a meat substitution.

brandis of HEARTdot™ said...

its really hard for me too. really hard! but what i keep telling myself is that i have a choice. i have control over that choice. do i choose to have a bite or two of something that i will enjoy & then go back to my healthy lifestyle or do i deprive myself completely and end up binging (did i spell that right? hmmm). what i find that works for me is to have a bite or two. small bites. slow bites of whatever it is that looks yummy. i get a taste of fatty goodness but still get to relish in not feeling guilty or deprived. :) you aren't alone girl...