Monday, June 20, 2011

Weight Loss Update: 216ish

I'll tell you a secret...I only weigh myself in the morning, before my shower, after I go Number Two.  If I don't need to go Number Two, I won't weigh myself that morning.  Last week was rough--I only had to go TWICE last week.  I think my body is saying, "No!  Please don't go, food!  We'll find a place for you!"

Anyway, I weighed myself this morning (the goal was to weigh myself Monday or Tuesday morning) and the first time I got 216.2.  I wasn't really centered on the scale, though, and thought the number should probably be higher so I tried again.  Honestly, I do it multiple times because my scale isn't particularly consistent.  The second time, I got 215.4.  Being the geek that I am, I knew I needed to find out which was closer to right, so I stepped back on the scale--215.4.

I'm calling it 216ish.  I'd last weighed myself and was 220, so this means I actually lose a point this week.  And if I were going to meetings, we'd celebrate "New Numbers!" (meaning I'm not in the 220's and am now in the 210's).

Hoping to see the 200's soon and I cannot wait to see a 1 in the front of that.  Onederland is a good place to be.  Of course, by the time that happens, I'll probably be trying to get pregnant again... 

I'm averaging 1.5 pounds per week, which is pretty good for me.  It's not Biggest Loser fast, but I'm able to be happy with what I'm eating and splurge a bit sometimes, too.  Of course, I haven't seen the results of this past weekend yet (that usually doesn't happen until Tuesday or Wednesday for me).  I was really, really good on Saturday, but Sunday ate a few too many sweets and then Outback Steakhouse for dinner.  Oh well--all I can do is move on.  Today is a new day!

7 comments:

Cassie said...

Definite progress! YAY! I'm so proud of you. :)

Kristen said...

I started back on WW today. Trying to get used to the new program of points and what not, but we'll see. Glad to hear you are having success. Hoping to be in your shoes soon! ;)

Samantha said...

That's awesome! I started with a group of family on June 1st and thus far, I'm 10 pounds down - still a bunch to go. SO ready to stop this weight loss struggle! Thanks for the continued motivation!

Manday said...

congrats!! keep it up!

Andrea said...

Way to go on the progress!!

brandis of HEARTdot™ said...

how exciting! congrats & keep up the amazing work :) i step on my scale a few times too. that first number is hardly ever correct hehee

Mandy said...

Congrats! New numbers are a great milestone!