Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Changing my way of thinking

I wanted to log into blogger and post a blog bitching about some recent health issues that keep perpetuating themselves...and causing me to be sick (of some sort) for 3 weeks now. But by the time I got here, I realized that no one needs or wants to read that. And, well, shit happens, Allison...so suck it up.
So I am going to write a post about some things that make me happy right now:
1) A friend of mine offered to design my landscaping--for free (although I might babysit her little one sometime or something...)! I hope she understands the undertaking this is going to be--I know NOTHING about gardening and our flower beds are currently overridden with weeds. Ick! But I'm really excited to be getting that kick in the butt that I apparently need to get something done outside.
2) I get some time to myself this evening. I LOVE having DH around and spending time with him, but I'm actually looking forward to spending just a couple of hours doing my own thing (which I could totally do with him home). I think I'm going to put together a board we can hang near our kitchen where we can put pictures, invitation, etc. I doubt it will get done tonight (will probably need tools I don't know how to use), but I'm going to at least start it!
3) We're making plans to go to a Cleveland Browns game this fall with DH's whole family and I am SO excited! Just need to talk to BIL and SIL tonight (will see SIL at WW) to see if they're interested. Right now it's MIL, FIL, younger BIL (+1--maybe his GF, maybe a friend?), DH and me. Hopefully BIL and SIL will want to come. Tickets go on sale on Saturday morning at 10, so we'll be ordering them then!
4) DH and I are keeping up on the laundry that we started last weekend and I've been able to purge a BUNCH of clothes. I'm really proud of myself. Now just need to find a good cause to send them to.
5) I put on a formal dress last weekend that I hadn't worn since college--and I looked hot!!! lol
6) We're going to work on decorating our bedroom soon. It's already painted and has new furniture, but it needs something on the walls, so I'm going to print and frame some photos I took in NYC. I edited them last night with Photoshop, just to crop them a bit and spice them up a bit:








I think they look almost professional--a big feat for me!
See, just thinking about those things have made me feel better! Sometimes you just need to.....Accentuate the Positive!!!
Oh, and just for good measure...a picture of my beautiful niece, who always makes me smile.

1 comment:

Sarah Dee said...

M. has gotten so BIG! Oh my!
Your photographs look great. It shows what a great time you and C. had on your trip too.
I also think its funny that someone offered to do your garden. I was going to suggest I weed for your birthday, but her present is way better!