Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Rollercoaster (of love)

Yes, I've been singing the Red Hot Chili Peppers song (and yes, I know someone else sang it first) for the last day or two. I'm on a rollercoaster and it's all because of love. Because I already have so much love for this child that has yet to be conceived. He or she exists in my heart, even if s/he doesn't in my body.

Yesterday I was feeling pretty positive about everything--I have been feeling off-and-on nauseous, bloated...things sort of point to being pg. But today I woke up really just feeling that AF is on her way. I'm crampy like I normally am before AF (although it still seems early). I just have to expect that I'm going to start spotting tomorrow or Friday. So today I'm down again.

It's all very frustrating. I wish I could forget about it until Friday or Saturday, but I can't. Everything my body does, I focus on it. The fact that my mouth has been watering for 2 days (you know, like it does before you throw up), the fact that I've been having breast pain, the fact that I'm bloated, the fact that I was ravenous last night and couldn't stop eating...most people probably don't notice this stuff, but I dwell on it. And I can try to tell myself not to do it, but it doesn't help. *sigh* I try to relax and I try to not think about it, but nothing works. I can focus on my work, but the thoughts about what my body is doing is always in the back of my mind.

1 comment:

Sarah Dee said...

It is so amazing to watch someone love someone so much they have yet to know.