Thursday, July 17, 2008

Spending Freeze

DH and I decided to have a self-imposed spending freeze. We have too much clutter in our house as it is--we don't need more stuff and I have an awful time with spending "just a little" here or there. It's not b/c we're having financial trouble--I just want to be more conscious of where our money is actually going. We're saving plenty and really, actually, doing quite well with what we have.

So we made a list of expected expenses between now and the end of August and, besides those, we won't be spending.
  • All regular bills (I keep a running list of those in an Excel spreadsheet), including groceries and gas
  • Grocery
  • Five birthdays (it's a busy month for us!)
  • Two night hotel stay for DH's cousin's wedding in St. Louis
  • Food and gas for trip to St. Louis
  • Wedding gift
  • Maintenence for DH's car (hasn't had much but oil changes in the 4 years he's owned it....it's time)
  • Possibly a jacket to wear over the dress I'm wearing to the wedding (budgeting $25 for it)
  • A haircut for me (I only get it done once every 6 months or so...I'm due! lol)

Quite honestly, though, this will be a spendy month, even without all the extra stuff I would normally buy!

At least I can still get my shopping fix through CVS since I don't actually spend money there. Whew.

No comments: