About Me

a mommy, a wife, a friend, a Buckeye, a worker, a chef, a perfectionist, stubborn, crafty...doing it all with a full heart.

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 10, 2008

To continue the good vibes...

Today is cycle day one. Yup, AF showed today. I am tempted to be brought down and depressed by this, so, once again, going to make a list about why this is good.

1) I can take the Diflucan I was prescribed since now I know I'm not pg. I've been shooting the crotch cream (yup, that's what I call it) for 3 days now, but I don't have to deal with it anymore because I can just take the single pill and have it all cleared up. Woot.

2) I can finally shop for a dress for DH's cousin's wedding. I've been putting it off because, hell, I could have been 4 months pg at the wedding if we'd gotten pg on the first shot (boy, how optimistic was I?). Even during this last cycle I didn't want to buy anything in case I had a crazy amount of bloat going on by 8 weeks. So if, by the grace of God, this cycle works, we will find out approximately the day before we leave (AF is due the day we leave town). What a depressing or exciting day that could be. I wouldn't think I'd be so bloated by then that I couldn't wear a cute new dress (or even one I find in my closet that fits again!).

3) I can get below 200 before getting pg! I hit 202.4 last night at WW, so if I work hard, I think I can get in the 100s by the end of the month!

4) I can continue my experimental drinking of wine. I LOVE Moscato wine (thanks, S!). It's definitely a dessert wine--SO sweet! I was nervous about drinking wine while trying to lose weight, but found that one glass (5 oz.) is only 2 points! I can typically spare 2 points in a given day and since I was still able to lose this week, I don't think it sabotaged me. So I'm going to try to drink more of it--I love it and after a long day, it's a great treat!

5) I can try to relax. If I were pg, I'd be worried all darn month that I was m/cing. So maybe I don't need to start that stress yet. I can just try to relax and enjoy this next month of spending time with DH.
So there, AF. I'm glad (???) you're here. Free Smileys & Emoticons at Clipart of.com Can't ruin my day with your silly cramps and stupid bleeding. Ha.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your #4 will totally help with your #5... at least it always help me relax!

Emily said...

I heart Moscato!! YUM! What kind have you been drinking?

Allison said...

I had actually never had any until I had Sutter Home--so that's all I've had :) It's cheap and I don't drink enough wine to experiment too much! What kinds have you found?