Thursday, July 17, 2008

Two pounds

In the wrong direction. Shit.

So even people who are generally successful at this have bad weeks.

I'm trying really hard not to let this one week's setback get me down. But I know if next week is bad (ie. not losing at least a pound), I will be really frustrated. I was at a good place to get below 200 by the end of July...now I'm not so sure.

But I AM going to keep going and keep working at it. It IS a lifestyle for me, a way of eating for the rest of my life. To help me live longer. To help me be happier. To help me be here for my DH. To help me get pregnant.

I hope.

Of course, my mom has lost 85 pounds and has doubled her blood pressure meds AND her diabetes meds. Who knows where she'd be if she hadn't lost that weight, but I can absolutely understand why she's so frustrated. I have to believe, though, that I will have some benefit from losing almost 70 pounds, besides the aesthetic ones. So I keep on keeping on.

But it's tough.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Oh Allison, you KNOW that this is just a detour in your trip. As my cousin says, just make a u-turn and you'll be great. I'm sorry you were up this week. I am too. It is frustrating, but I know that today starts a new week.

Hang in there...that goal of 200 is SOOOOOOO close!!!