Friday, July 25, 2008

Lesson learned!

Someone last night at my book club (Kelsey/Kelsie--not the dog! lol) said something that made me think. She was talking about when bad things happen trying to think back to what you did in the past that made you "deserve" it.

A lot of friends told me they had a feeling we'd get pg the first cycle. I was *really* hoping they were right. But we didn't. And we're okay. But I'm sort of starting to wonder if God is having this take a little while (hopefully not a LONG while...just a little) because things have always (at least up until I graduated high school) come easily to me. I always got great grades but never had to study. I never practiced my trombone but still excelled. I hardly ever practiced piano, but it came naturally. I've always played different sports and did pretty well. So maybe God just wants me to work for something--to experience what it's like to NOT excel at everything I try.

Then I realize that I had to work for a lot of things since high school. I got cut from the band my first year and worked my butt off to make it every year after that. Having a good, healthy relationship apparently didn't come easily. My grades in college weren't good. I didn't get a job right out of college...so things haven't been all that easy in the last 10 years.

So I've learned the lesson already....it's okay, I get it!!!

No comments: