Monday, July 7, 2008

Just tell me when

I've realized recently that BDing, for me, is a lot like eating. I have a hard time knowing when I'm actually hungry and when I'm just bored, at least until I'm totally famished. I also don't really seem to be "hungry" for BDing, so the only time it happens is when it's FWaP. I blamed my lack of a sex drive on the pill, but it's seeming like that wasn't the case because I still have very little interest (sad for DH, I know).

So I have WW that tells me how much I need to eat in a day. It scares the shit out of me that I won't know how much to eat when I'm pg--I'm just supposed to listen to my body. Yeah, I overeat when I do that.

And now we're TTC--so I know when we're supposed to BD. Unfortunately, I have very little interest outside of that time, which just royally sucks. I'd rather snuggle than BD, hands down, every night. I know that that's not necessarily good--a wife is supposed to want to have sex with her husband. It's not DH, it's absolutely me. I suppose I should make a better effort and maybe I'd want to more often. We'll see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs. I remember being like that when I was TTC. Hang in there.

Aleca said...

I'm feeling exactly the same. I know we should be BDing and yet I just can't get into it sometimes. It really sucks for DH and we've been fighting about it lately. I hate it. I'm glad I'm not alone.

Sarah Dee said...

It doesn't naturally come to everyone, despite what the media tells us.
Sometimes it helps me to be aware of our interactions and know when its been awhile. Then I just make sure that it happens, and most of the time, but the end I'm feeling much "better".
You're totally not alone, and neither of us is 'wierd'.

tbonegrl said...

I felt the SAME way during TTC, and then it got worse as time went on. After kids, it sorta feels the same.

I think a lot of women feel like us!